Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My New Favorite Landscape Photo



It was a beautiful, fall morning when I photographed this landscape. The snow had just fell the day before and the clouds parted in the early morn. This mountain is one of my favorites...you have to drive by it in or out of Crested Butte. I always enjoy the reflection in the marsh and river and I was particularly moved by the colors in the tall grasses this morning. It was an interesting fall for colors...they really never got brilliant or red and there were a lot of green while some where already falling, but this mountain side looked perfect to me.

I photographed this in HDR, something I have been experimenting with for the last year or so. Sometimes they look so overdone, and sometimes I love that. But I think this one really came out perfectly.

This photo is currently the Photo of the Week this week at www.3rdeyephoto.net. Visit and enjoy discounts on all prints and products until Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment