Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wedding Photography Tip #3

Wedding Photography in Crested Butte Tip #3

I love my 28-70mm lens. I use it a ton when shooting weddings. I also rely on my fisheye and 70-200mm lens. This was shot with my 28-70, although and fisheye would have captured more of the background. The nice thing about the 28-70mm is it gives you the opportunity to be close to your subjects and interact with them, make them feel comfortable or direct them where to stand, but it also gives you the ability to zoom in when close or be a little farther away. It really works as a basic wide to short zoom which I find I use a lot, especially when they are walking down the isle. I can get the wider shot with maybe bridesmaids in front and the bride waiting behind them or the closer shot of the groom waiting at the front of the isle. It is always nice to have a 50mm or lensbaby for the fun close up, detail shots. But you can get good depth of field with the 28-70mm for those shots as well. Or use your zoom for a good blurred background. Just don't set your aperture too low for larger group shots, that back row will be blurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment